Italians do it better (the MBA)

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Phoenix

I'm sitting in my room at the Marriott desert ridge resort. It's 2 in the morning, New York Time. I decided not to take into account this 3 hours delay otherwise i will fuck up my biorithm.
What am I doing here? Nothing. Just enjoying the weekend offered by BCG. Me and Lamrbetto left on friday from NY to come here and meet anothe hundred of BCG alumni from all over the US and have some fun with outdoor activities.
As I said, i left from NY on friday. Probably the worst flight of my life after the one I did when i was 2 years old and I jumped from the window. At the time I cut my head and you can still see the scar when I have very short hair. This time I was almost dying from dishidratation. The flight was 2 hours late. Ok fine, can happen. But once they get all the people on te plane, we had to wait on the track for 2 hours. There were almost 50 flights lining up to wait they turn to take off. The captain said is always like that in JFK on friday. And while the plane is waiting to take off, nobody is allowed to stand up, not even the flight assistants. So.. no water or food for other 2 hours. The the plane took off. Wow... now finally we can have some water.
But still.. no water. Because the US Airways probably went into some cost cutting project by McKinsey and there were only two assistants for 200+ people. So we had our first glass of water only after 5 hours. Very nice. Flight US Airways.
Trying to spend this 8 hours on the plane i start reading the usual emercengy card. And I noticed that here in the US they know they have so many fat people that they need to include them in the emergency plan. Look at the fat lady on the picture below. She is soo fat tha she cannot bent on her legs. Well it's nice they think to minorities like fat people (even if i bet here can be a majority). But.. where is the fat lady now... oh, they forgot her on the plane!!! Ok, flight apart. Today we had an outdoor activity in the desert. Offroad with the HUMMER! Amazing! At a certain point I also saw the death on my side telling me "hei george, no jokes now, it's your turn!". Yes because the slope was very very steep and we went into a hole.. ok too difficult to explain but this Hummer is really a supernatural car, i don't know how it didn't flip over! With me, together with lamberto there was also Elisa, the official recruiter of BCG all around the world and future colleague of mine in Milan. Don't be fooled by her pretty face, you will fear her during the case study if you have an interview with her!
Ok now it's very late. I need some sleep! Good night.

3 Comments:

Blogger -tvu said...

She's not fat...she's big bone. Just like all the other fat bastards in the world. hehe...

Good too see you're posting more regularily.

12:29 PM

 
Blogger Lyndsey Medora said...

but the fat lady is wearing shorts. that's how you know it's a realistic portrayal. fat people always wear shorts. especially on airplanes.

10:06 AM

 
Blogger NoellieBellie said...

I would say she might be pregnant, but then she shouldn't be on the plane at all.

Look, even fat people have to know what to do in the event of a water landing!

5:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home