Italians do it better (the MBA)

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

iTrip, iPod, iSpeed

Just arrived at IESE. Sitting in the library trying to put some order in the pile of paper i have in the pigeon hole.
I arrived in barcelona after a 8 hour trip by car started around 6 a.m.
I was happy to experience my new iTrip with my (old) iPod. It doesn't work that well in the cities where the whole bandwidth is covered by radio stations but works very well on the highway. So i started my trip with the idea of doing it as quickly as possbile. I was trying to keep an avarage speed of 160 Km/h which means that as soon as was possible i was pushing very hard on the gas. In Italy everything fine. In France they stopped me four times and i've been cought once also by the camera.
Fuck!

The worst one was when they pulled me out the highway and i had to follow them in a town in the countryside!
I was driving with Jimi Hendrix telling me something like:

Angel came down from heaven yesterday
She stayed with me just long enough to rescue me
And she told me a story yesterday,
About the sweet love between the moon and the deep blue sea
And then she spread her wings high over me
She said she's gonna come back tomorrow...


And while i was being carried away by his voice, not paying attention to the cars around me, that i noticed something. And I told him: "Hey Jimi, there are two angels, not one. And they are waving from that blue car!".
Then I got closer and i noticed a yellow sign on the trunk: "Gendarmerie". And they were not waving, they were telling me to slow down.
So i slowed donw a little. But i thought "ok if i slow down too much is like admitting that i was going too fast". So i kept going at 140-150 for a bit. And that's when they really got pissed off. They overtook me again and this time they made me follow then in provence!

Every time was difficult to explain why i was going fast.. I told them that I know only three words in French: Yves Saint Laurent!
They also knew only three words of english: Driving License please
Mmm.. i guess i cannot use the art of speaking learnt with Brian Leggett and not even my negotiation skills learnt with Velamuri.
Then I tried to say that indeed it was not 180 but 150 which is very close to 130 which is the limit and also that there were not that many cars around at the moment.
And it worked out! No tickets. Every time they told me "ok.. but beware that next time we will withdraw your driving lincese!". "ok ok..."
The only thing pending is that picture they took with the camera. I saw the flash firing in front of me. In theory they shouldn't send anything since i have a foreign plate. But I fear the moment i have to travel back to italy. Mmm.. maybe i should pass through gibilterre, morocco, libia and then all the way through italy from south to north. That's a good idea! Hooray!
I just hope that all this hassle is not just because of the world cup.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

9:27 AM

 
Blogger Marcusrodri said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Marcusrodri said...

Who the hell do you think you are George? Michael Night with "el coche fantastico" o que?!!
You should have pressed a button which is called turbo boost (aka trapos sucios), and forget about police. Oh yeah! I suppresed previous comment by error

3:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! there's a thing called "hiding car license spray". It's invisible to the eye but when you take a picture you can't see the license numbers

12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home